The Root Spa is a Deep Water Culture DWC system. This 5 gallon bucket system is very simple, yet it grows large plants efficiently. After a very short time, you will realize the advantages of this uniquely easy-to-use, inexpensive, and forgiving system! Pumping raw air into the nutrient solution, without the use of air stones, is not only cost-effective but is also highly effective at providing the maximum possible oxygenation for your nutrient solution.
Need to fill it add our GEOLITE Clay Pebbles
Media sold separately: You can use your choice of hydroponic media, such as clay pebbles, #4 perlite, rockwool mini cubes, coco chips, etc. Since this is a hydroponics system, soil should be avoided. Soil may contain dust, fungi, and bacteria, all of which can contaminate a hydroponics system.
What’s In The Box:
1- 5 Gallon Bucket
1- 6”, 8”, or 10” Bucket Basket (Mesh Net Pot Bucket Lid)
1- ½” Rubber Grommet
1- ¼” Tubing 5’
1- Multipurpose Air Hose assembly to deliver air from the pump to the bottom of the bucket
1- 2W Air Pump to oxygenate your water to encourage growth
Using the Root Spa Bucket System:
- Insert plastic ½” elbow and multipurpose air hose into grommet opening.
- Position multipurpose air hose assembly vertically and place into hose retainer.
- Fill the bucket with just enough water to reach the bottom of the net pot and check for leaks.
- Add the type and amount of nutrient to the water required for the type of plant to be grown.
- Attach one end of the ¼” tubing to the air pump and insert the other end of the air hose to the top of the multipurpose air hose assembly.
- Turn on the pump and watch the water inside the Root Spa bubble up. As soon as bubbling is established, the plant can be installed in the 8” bucket basket with your choice of growing media.